Why Choose Ryan’s Servicenter for routine maintenance?
Every vehicle comes with a maintenance schedule that can be found in the owner's manual. Car maintenance, or preventative maintenance, refers to the intervals in which you should bring your vehicle in for routine maintenance. While these intervals vary slightly for every vehicle, some commonalities can be found that serve as a rule of thumb for which parts of your car should be looked at when. Auto technicians, service advisors, and auto manufacturers in Lanoka Harbor and around the world recommend the 30/60/90 rule. The rule essentially states that certain services should be performed on your car when your total mileage hits 30,000 mile, 60,000 mile, or 90,000 mile intervals. A service that should be performed regularly (approximately every 5,000 to 10,000 miles) is an oil change to keep your car's oil free of dirt and debris. With Ryan’s Servicenter's computerized maintenance management, we keep track of when certain services were performed on your vehicle and can notify you when your next service is due.
Maintenance Before 30,000 Miles
At Ryan’s Servicenter in Lanoka Harbor, we specialize in engine and transmission repair, but can take care of all services needed for your vehicle. We have certain scheduled maintenance tasks that we perform when you bring your vehicle in for preventative maintenance. The services you should have performed on your vehicle before it hits 30,000 miles are:
- Air Filter: Your vehicle's air filter keeps your air conditioning and heating system running smoothly. If you notice an unpleasant odor coming from your vehicle and/or there is restricted air flow coming from your air conditioning, it is time to get your air filter replaced.
- Fuel Filter: Similar to the air filter, your engine will not run properly if your fuel filter is clogged, so it is important to replace this regularly.
Maintenance Before 60,000 Miles
Before we at Ryan’s Servicenter in Lanoka Harbor start work on your vehicle, we will go over our maintenance strategies and maintenance costs, and you can decide which services you'd like performed on your vehicle. In addition to the 30,000 mile services, these are the planned maintenance services we will perform on your vehicle when it hits 60,000 miles:
- Battery: Your vehicle's battery is crucial to start your car and to keep it running. If your vehicle's battery light turns on, it is a sure sign that your battery needs repairs.
- Brake Fluid: Because particles and debris can build up in your brake fluid over time, it is important to get it flushed out or replaced periodically.
- Brake Pads: When you press on the brake pedal to stop, the brake pads are then pressed against the brake rotor to create friction. Particularly if you live in a hilly area, your brake pads wear out over time.
- Brake Rotors: Like brake pads, brake rotors don't last forever. Because the rotors also wear every time the brakes are applied, brake rotors should be replaced or resurfaced when they are warped or worn out.
- Coolant: Coolant keeps your vehicle from overheating, but over time it loses these properties.
- Transmission Fluid: Running with old or insufficient levels of transmission fluid can cause the transmission to work harder, transferring engine power less effectively.
Maintenance Before 90,000 Miles
The following are the routine maintenance services we will perform when your vehicle reaches 90,000 miles:
- Hoses: As your mileage approaches six digits, it is important to get your hoses replaced to prevent a burst hose, which can cause severe damage to your vehicle.
- Power Steering Fluid: If your steering wheel is stiff, this could mean your vehicle's fluid levels are low, in which case you would need to come into Ryan’s Servicenter in Lanoka Harbor for a power steering fluid exchange service.
- Spark Plugs/Ignition System: Spark plugs supply the spark required to ignite the air and fuel mixture that enters your engine, creating the explosion that produces power in your engine.
- Timing Belt: If your timing belt breaks or cracks, it can cause severe damage to your vehicle.
Your Local Shop for Car Maintenance
Look no further than Ryan’s Servicenter in Ocean County to fulfill all your auto repair needs. Our expert technicians have decades of experience and can take care of your vehicle, any model and any make. We treat every work order with the utmost importance, no matter the size of the service, and make sure each customer has the best user experience possible.
Convenience and Benefits for our Customers
- Free Shuttle Service in 2-mile Radius
- 24-hour Early Bird Dropoff
- 6 Months Free Financing with Approval
- 24 month/24,000 mile warranty
- NAPA Certified
- Authorized Extended Warranty Repair Provider
For precision engine repair in Lanoka Harbor at an affordable price, choose Ryan’s Servicenter — where we make happy cars! Call us at (609) 693-2966 or fill out the online appointment form to schedule your visit.
Our technicians use the latest technology to not only tell you if there are any issues with your vehicle, but show you.
If we uncover an issue the photo will be e-mailed to you for your records. At the end of every visit you will receive a detailed report regarding the general health of your vehicle. Our #1 goal is to keep you safe on the road.